Thursday 15 December 2011

The sea stairs of Granja

Veteran outdoor photographer a.k.a me, standing on the stairs leading to the sea,
December 2011.




A story behind: After surviving harsh weather conditions that night me and my camera easily could be called "veterans of outdoor photography". High winds, 100% humidity, the waves crashing all over my body, camera and tripod with a dramatic sky and an approaching storm ( look left upper corner ) above not too mention a necessity of cleaning the lenses every 2 shots - these were the weather conditions I encountered that night when I shoot this photo.
I additionally used the ND 0. 5 filter to smooth out ripples on the sea caused by high winds during the longer exposure.
I used B&W technique. In general images with very colourful elements work best when presented in full colour. I found that photos with strong textures, interesting patterns, and/or stormy spotlighting make excellent black and white photographs. It is all about contrasts -- when I'm working with shades of Gray I'm relying heavily on contrast to develop a successful image.



Gear:
Nikon D700. Nikkor 16-35 mm. ND 0.5 filter.

Aperture:
f/22


Shutter speed:
1 sec

Exposure bias:
0 EV

Focal Length: 19 mm

ISO: 200

Place taken: Granja, Portugal.


Date Taken: Sunday, December 11th, 2011, 17: 24


Maciek.

The sea stairs of Granja Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment